Thursday 21 November 2013

I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk


 Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…
 • Enormous Christmas tree
 • Eggnog • Eccentric British traditions
 • Gorgeous man

 But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give…

My favourite Chick lit series by far is the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk, each year I look forward to another release and to top it off this year it is a Christmas themed book whoop whoop! This is not a book you will be able to buy and save until Christmas as it sits there twinkling at you so you have to cave in and read it!

As Christmas approaches Angela is like a kid in a sweet shop, she is so excited about all things Christmas that she decides to take time off of work to enjoy doing all things festive with Alex. If only everything was a smooth as that! Where ever Angela is concerned there is always disorder and mischief that occurs and true to form her Christmas is about to be turned upside down thanks to a surprise from husband Alex, a friend in need and to top it all a major change at work.

I loved this book so much. The witty humour is back in full swing and it is such a natural humour that you can’t help but chuckle away. All of our favourite characters are back and in full blown chaos. One thing you can always rely on is that Angela and Jenny will always have some big drama going on in their lives and it sure does keep me entertained. Angela and Alex are now married and I think this is a great direction in which Lindsey Kelk has taken her characters as they are now facing problems that come with settling down.

We get to see a lot more of Angela’s friend Louisa in this book and she is a loveable character. Jenny is still my firm favourite when it comes to the I Heart series she is so unpredictable, spontaneous and hilarious, I would do anything to have a friend like her life could never be dull with her around! I actually found I could relate to Angela’s character in this book ( is this a good thing?!) one of the dilemma’s she faces I can totally sympathise with and the article she wrote about on this topic was hitting the nail on the head for me.

There was a festive feel to this book with the storyline being set on the lead up to Christmas but it wasn’t overly festive so I still feel like this book could be read throughout the year.  I still don’t feel like the I Heart series is over, to me this book has actually set a new foundation for a new book and I am keeping everything crossed that the author does entertain us with another one. This is cetainly one not to be missed and needs to be under all chick lit fans Christmas Tree this year.


It is a fun , festive, fabulous read that you will want to tell all your book friends about but I am not sure you will want to share your copy!

Festive Cover


Festive Storyline


OVERALL REVIEW



Kindle                       Paperback

1 comment:

  1. A Great Review will be picking this up at the weekend

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS